Join Women in Theatre and Screen (WITS) for Think Tank 3 as we discuss the ‘types’ of roles written for and available to women in television and film.
We track the creative process from writer to producer to casting director to agent to actor to distributor.
How can we create roles more reflective of women in society? How can we shape diverse, complex voices? How can we ensure women are represented earnestly in every step of the creative process?
Meet us on Monday 22 February 2016, 7-9pm at Carriageworks, Sydney.
- Agent Belinda Blight from Morrissey Management
- Casting Director Kirsty McGregor from McGregor Casting
- TV Director Lynn Hegarty (Packed to the Rafters, A Place to Call Home, All Saints and Crownies)
- Head of Commissioning for SBS, Alison Sharman
- Writer/Actor Kate Mulvany
- Producer Rosemary Blight from Goalpost Pictures (Holding The Man, The Sapphires)
- Actor and Industrial Organiser for Actors Equity Camilla Ah Kin
- Actor Miranda Tapsell
Carriageworks’ director Lisa Havilah will welcome the audience.
A keynote address will be given by Associate Professor Elizabeth McMahon to frame the evening’s discussions.
Three key announcements will also be made by WITS on the night.
Join us for drinks afterwards to network with your industry colleagues until 10pm. After our inaugural Think Tank at the Seymour Centre, followed by our sold out Think Tank at Belvoir, we now have our biggest space yet with our gracious hosts, Carriageworks.
With a bigger setting we’re charging a small monetary amount this time ($10 per ticket) to meet costs. Book your tickets here: http://tix.yt/wits or here:
Be part of the conversation. Actively shape your industry to reflect the reality you know it can be.
Please note this will be our final WITS Think Tank of the year. It is our final opportunity to have extensive, public debate and network before we knuckle down and start upskilling and producing work.
LISTEN TO THE PODCAST RECORDING OF THE NIGHT HERE:
GENEROUSLY SPONSORED BY